AgileSparks Provides a Successful Agile Transformation at William HillIndustryEntertainment, Betting, and GamingSolutionCross functional Product Dev cells, working in Scrum and KanbanResults
- Productivity Increased – Moving from delivering 1 application per month to 10 in a quarter
- Significant quality increase – Number of rollbacks reduced
- A better starting point, focusing on unique developments that serve the business
- Teams satisfaction increased
TestimonialThe Coaching TeamAbout William Hill
William Hill is one of the world’s leading betting and gaming companies and one of the most trusted brands in the industry.
WH online business is headquartered in Gibraltar with its marketing and customer service functions in Israel, Bulgaria, and the Philippines, with 3.0 million active digital customers in WH Online and WH Australia businesses in 2015.
Employing more than 16,000 people in nine countries.
www.williamhill.com The Opportunity In order to constantly innovate in a competitive market and strive to deliver outstanding customer experiences, WH needed to alter the collective mindset of a large 80-year-old business. To achieve this purpose, WH-online decided to go through an Agile journey and achieve a different way of working.
The goal was to improve the WH deliverables value, provide valuable content to WH customers, increase its throughput and quality and establish the Israeli branch identity. The Approach
AgileSparks has been providing Agile training and consulting services to WH online. Consulting has been provided on 3 levels:
(1) Personal level – coaching for managers, SMs & POs.
(2) Teams level – coaching for Agile/scrum training and implementation adjustments, as well as for empowering the teams.
(3) Organizational level – continually steering and improving the process.
- Scrum & Kanban frameworks were adopted at the team’s level.
- Roles and responsibilities, the way of work, and the DoD were set and continuously adjusted.
- Teams gradually moved to a whole team approach, with testers and developers working together.
- Automation was significantly improved.
- Implementation and team assessments were administered for continuous improvements.
- Teams’ KPIs were defined.
· Ongoing work with the teams on hot areas and increasing their agility has been in focus.
Adopting an Agile mindset assisted the teams to establish their autonomy, address dependencies & trust issues, develop a team responsible for the quality, and helped improve their working procedures and communication.
Implementing Agile practices together with an organizational transformation of working in cross-functional product development cells promoted a tight collaboration between the development and the business units that bridged the gaps and better addressed WH customers’ needs.
As a result, the quality of the product improved, the delivery cycle time has been reduced, and the number of deployments increased.