Built in Quality – Principles & Practices
When transitioning from traditional approaches to Agile development, teams need to think differently about testing/quality as well as use different practices. Testers are no longer handed the code after developers have finished working on it, rather, quality/testing is an integral activity as part of the agile cross-functional team.
Learn how leading software companies are changing their approach to quality to achieve speed and continuous delivery. This course pushes the boundary of the quality mindset, and challenges the thinking about quality ownership in the team.
1. Understand the mindset of shifting quality left
2. Understand the new role of the Quality Engineer Audience – Testers, developers and managers in agile teams
1. Shift left and its impact on the team and the tester
o Tightening the feedback loop o Speeding up by eliminating waste
o Tips & tricks on how to start quality activities and thinking from the beginning of the Feature/Story o Jidoka (Stop the line culture) and Definition of Done
2. The testing pyramid and testing quadrants (testing strategy)
o Exploratory testing o Continuous integration & automation
o Managing defects (progression bugs as part of the Story DOD (do we really need to manage them?) and regression bugs as part of Iteration backlog)
3. Modern Agile Testing at Scale – The role of the QA during Program and Iteration ceremonies
4. The transition process and assessing current BIQ maturity, for new projects and legacy projects (map current quality process status)
5. BIQ as a stepping stone to Continuous Delivery
6. Slicing of work for testing (can be done based on real Feature)
o Backlog readiness
o Ready Feature and decomposing it into Stories
o Ready Story
o Pairing (how to provide feedback…)
o Collaboration DEV-QA. Real scenario of DEV & Tester working together on one Story
7. Tracking quality (story rejection rate, capacity breakdown
Your Trainer: Sigal Pasternak
Sigal has over 20 years of experience in the software industry in which she served in a wide range of professional and managerial positions. During the last 12 years Sigal led the Agile transformation in NCR (Retalix), AT&T and NICE Actimize. Sigal has strong hands-on experience in driving organizational changes and quality initiatives from incubation to deployment with a focus on promoting Agile, Lean and SAFe™ practices and mindset within organizations.
Most recently, Sigal led the SAFe™ implementation across the R&D and Product organizations in NICE Actimize covering 6 ARTs (Agile Release Train) and more than 30 agile teams working in SAFe™ across the globe in less than 6 months, all the while delivering on NICE Actimize business commitments.
Up until 7 days before the event you can cancel at no charge. Afterwards you can either get a 50% refund or the option to apply your ticket towards a future workshop.