Certify as a SAFe Program Consultant and Become the Lean-Agile Change Agent That Leads the SAFe Transformation in the Enterprise
This four-day course will prepare you to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You will learn how to effectively apply the principles and practices of SAFe, including training with SAFe courseware, and coaching teams, launching Agile Release Trains, and building and managing an Agile portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others, and if certified you’ll be eligible to teach the Leading SAFe course. The next two days focus exclusively on implementing SAFe.
Certification is optional to attendees. Those who achieve SPC certification are authorized to license SAFe training materials.
Associated Certification: SAFe Program Consultant 4.0 (SPC4)
The course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes enterprise leaders, practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and Technology Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance Personnel
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence, Agile Working Group
Topics Covered :
Leading SAFe (SA) 4.0
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
Implementing SAFe (SPC) 4.0
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Facilitating ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Understanding the SPC Exam
- Applying your SPC Certification
- Participating in Open Space
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC4 certification exam and operate in the field as a SAFe Program Consultant:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Trainer: Yuval Yeret (SPCT4)
Yuval leads the Scaled Agile practice at AgileSparks working with companies such as Intel, Siemens, HP, CyberArk, CA Technologies. He is a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT4), an internationally recognized Kanban Trainer as well as a Certified Scrum Master/Product Owner/Practitioner with lots of experience helping organizations use Scrum/SAFe in a way that works and delivers in the real world. He’s a recipient of the Lean Systems Society Brickell Key Award for world-influencing talent and is a Lean Systems Society Founding Fellow. You can check out his thinking in the popular blog at YuvalYeret.com or in his book “Holy Land Kanban”.
About the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe 4.0 Program Consultant (SPC4) exam. Those who attain their SPC4 certification will receive:
- Access to license the course materials needed to train aspiring SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- Access to no-cost license materials, videos, and artifacts that support launching Agile Release Trains
- Inclusion in the SPC4 directory listing (optional)
- Access to the private SPC LinkedIn Group
Renewals are good for one full year from the date of certification and will require:
- 160 hours of SPC4 consulting
- Renewal fee: $895
- 40 continuing education/outreach hours
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- An SPC4 certificate
- Access to license the course materials needed to train SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- One-year certified membership as an SPC4
- SPC4 branding kit with the SPC certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SPC4 exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile
- Class attendance certificate upon request
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward continuing education requirements with the ProjectManagement Institute (PMI) for PMP or PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any question you have about the content or logistics.
What is the cancellation policy?
Up until 15 days before the event you can cancel at no charge. Afterwards you can either get a 50% refund or the option to apply your ticket towards a future workshop.
- The course will open only if a sufficient number of participants is reached.
- AgileSparks reserves the right to cancel the course up to 5 business days before it