Implementing a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation in the enterprise – with SAFe® 4 Program Consultant Certification (SPC4)
How do you implement SAFe in a pragmatic way? AgileSparks has years of a variety of agile scaling experiences – Since 2008 We’ve been helping organizations such as Intel, Siemens, HP, Philips achieve agility at scale.
In this Implementing SAFe 4.6 workshop, our SPCT Vikas Kapila will share his experience to help bring to life SAFe’s principles, roles, events, artifacts.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC4) and includes one attempt at the certification exam.
Unique to AgileSparks SPC workshops – Our students also get access to on-demand mentoring on their journey to become an SPC and their first steps in the SAFe implementation trenches.
This class is guaranteed to run – you can book your ticket and travel plans with confidence.
Who should attend | PreRequisites | Your Trainer | Learning Goals | Topics Covered | What Attendees Get | About The Exam | The SPC Kit | Learning PDUs | FAQ | Tickets/Registration
Should you attend an “Implementing SAFe w/ SPC4 certification” workshop?
Typical attendees include:
- Leaders in the Product Development/IT organization looking to educate themselves on approaches for scaling agile beyond the team level. SAFe is certainly the most popular scaling approach out there.
- Agile Consultants/Coaches/Scrum Masters looking to add program/portfolio training/consulting/coaching capabilities to what they can offer their teams/clients.
- Leaders/Change Agents looking to understand how to implement SAFe in a healthy effective way using the SAFe Implementation Roadmap.
- Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel or consultants looking to understand how to implement Lean/Agile at the Program/Portfolio level for their organization or their clients.
- Process/Quality Center of Excellence people trying to balance agility and coherent robust process framework.
Implementing SAFe is the premier SAFe workshop. It provides the deepest insights into the intricacies of the SAFe framework and how to implement it. It is the path to getting certified as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). SPCs can deliver formal SAFe training classes and have access to all the SAFe power toolkits.
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC4 certification exam and operate in the field as a SAFe Program Consultant – 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management, 3+ years of experience in Agile, and one or more relevant Agile certifications.
Implementing SAFe SPC Workshop Learning Goals
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Topics Covered in the Implementing SAFe SPC workshop
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
What Implementing SAFe SPC workshop attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
SAFe SPC Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a Certified SAFe® Program Consultant, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe® (SA), SAFe® for Government (SGP), SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), SAFe® DevOps (SDP), SAFe® Agile Software Engineering (ASE), SAFe® for Teams (SP), and SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE).**You must be a certified RTE and an SPC to teach the RTE course, and only Gold Partner SPCTs can qualify to teach the RTE course in a public environment.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Program Consultant Exam.
- Exam format – Multiple choice.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed. Exam is taken online within 30 days of course completion.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60.
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
- Language – English.
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
More Exam Details
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Implementing SAFe SPC workshop
Q: I’ve taken the Leading SAFe class and am already a SAFe Agilist. Looks like the first two days of class are a repeat of Leading SAFe. Can I just join the last two Implementing days?
A: No. Implementing SAFe is a 4 days class that needs to be attended in full regardless of any previous SAFe class participation/experience/certification. (This is an SAI policy). The Leading SAFe section of the Implementing SAFe class is delivered in a deeper more train-the-trainer oriented fashion than in a regular Leading SAFe class. Participants who’ve taken Leading SAFe before report that going through the class again is immensely helpful to getting a deeper understanding and fresh perspective that is helping them become better SPCs, especially if they intend to teach SAFe classes.
Q: What does the registration cost include? Is certification included?
A: The workshop price includes participation in the class and one attempt at the certification exam that you’ll take in the 30 days after the workshop. If you pass the exam you will earn your SPC certification. If you need a retake there’s an extra fee handled directly with SAI – the SAFe certification body. Workshop price also includes food and drinks throughout the workshop days and the student workbook. If you have to travel for the class, your travel expenses aren’t included.
Q: What does it mean when the workshop is “Guaranteed to Run”?
A: You’ve probably experienced this. You register for a class and it gets canceled/postponed due to lack of registrations. This is especially an issue with a class like Implementing SAFe in which you get two trainers for the entire class and where the class just doesn’t work in very small sizes. When we announce a workshop as “Guaranteed to Run” it means we have enough registrants already and consider this a strategic class on our schedule. And for you that means – No cancellations, No reschedules, No hassle, and most importantly getting the training you need sooner rather than later. We make as much effort as possible to guarantee the class as early as possible – which is why we offer Early Bird discounts to participants that plan early and help us provide this predictability.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Up until 21 days before the event, you can cancel at no charge. Afterward, you can either get a 50% refund or the option to apply your ticket towards a future workshop. Check out our Guarantees and Policies.
Have other questions about the class? Use the live chat or contact us.
Hear from our students:
Have a question about the class? Use the live chat or contact us.