- This event has passed.
Leading SAFe® Public
October 19 @ 9:00 am - October 20 @ 5:30 pm
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Accelerate your SAFe adoption with the SAFe® Learner Subscription for enterprises.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
What Attendees Get:
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
SAFe Certification Kit:
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Name: SAFe 5 Agilist Exam
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (75% passing score)
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any question you have about the content or logistics.
What is the cancellation policy?
Up until 7 days before the event you can cancel at no charge. Afterwards you can either get a 50% refund or the option to apply your ticket towards a future workshop.
The course will open only if a sufficient number of participants is reached.
AgileSparks reserves the right to cancel the course up to 5 business days before it starts.