Release Train Engineer – India Timezone – REMOTE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM – August 2020
August 21 @ 9:00 am - August 23 @ 5:00 pm
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
Who will benefit from participating in the SAFe RTE workshop?
- Practicing RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers who are practicing some form of scaled agility – especially if it a SAFe or SAFe-like environment
- Scrum Masters in a SAFe or SAFe-like environment
- Leaders and managers focused relentlessly on improving the performance of their Agile Release Trains/Solution Trains.
- Agile coaches working in a SAFe/SAFe-like environment
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) looking to be more effective in coaching ARTs and RTEs/STEs. Experienced SPCs can apply with SAI to teach the class inhouse or with their clients. (note: Public RTE classes can only be delivered by SPCTs)
Recommended Experience to become a Certified SAFe RTE
We recommend participants have at least one SAFe certification and to have launched or participated in at least one ART / PI if they intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam.
Topics Covered in the SAFe Release Train Engineer workshop
- Exploring the RTE Role, Responsibilities, and Stances.
- Applying SAFe Principles in the RTE’s work with the ART
- Organizing the ART
- Advanced topics in Program Increment Planning
- Nuances of executing a Program Increment
- Inspecting and Adapting – Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART – How the RTE can act as a servant leader
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What SAFe RTE Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What does the registration cost include? Is the certification included?
A: The workshop price includes participation in the class and one attempt at the certification exam that you’ll take in the 30 days after the workshop. If you pass the exam you will earn your RTE certification. If you need a retake there’s an extra fee handled directly with SAI – the SAFe certification body. Workshop price also includes food and drinks throughout the workshop days and the student workbook. If you have to travel to the class, your travel expenses aren’t included.
Q: What does it mean when the workshop is “Guaranteed to Run”?
A: You’ve probably experienced this. You register for a class and it gets canceled/postponed due to lack of registrations. This is especially an issue with a class like Implementing SAFe in which you get two trainers for the entire class and where the class just doesn’t work in very small sizes. When we announce a workshop as “Guaranteed to Run” it means we have enough registrants already and consider this a strategic class on our schedule. And for you that means – No cancellations, No reschedules, No hassle, and most importantly getting the training you need sooner rather than later. We make as much effort as possible to guarantee the class as early as possible – which is why we offer Early Bird discounts to participants that plan early and help us provide this predictability.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Up until 30 days before the event, you can cancel at no charge. If a cancel or transfer request is made less than 30 days prior to the class start date, payment will still be due, no refunds will be issued and you will be charged a $200 change fee. Your paid tuition will be available for one year to be used as a credit towards another course of equal value; only one re-enrollment opportunity is allowed. Check out our Guarantees and Policies.