- This event has passed.
SAFe® 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification
June 18 - June 19
The next step in the Scrum Master’s learning path
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
Your Trainer – Ofer Cohen SAFe 4.0 Program Consultant (SPC4)
Ofer Cohen is a Lead Coach at AgileSparks, helping organizations implement healthy, effective and sustainable Agility to increase their competitive edge. Ofer brings with him 25 years of experience in software development and held senior R&D roles in various global enterprises.
At AgileSparks, In the past 7 years, Ofer coached managers and teams in dozens of Medium to Large companies in Israel and Europe and helped them improve significantly. Ofer is an SPC4, and implemented SAFe in several global companies, launching and coaching many ARTs (Agile Release Trains).
Associated Certification: SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification
- SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Access to the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam – requires course attendance
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, True/False
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam
- Exam Access: First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 82
- Passing Score: 57 (70%)
- Sample Test Questions
- Updates: Feb 20, 2017 – exam duration increased from 75 minutes to 120 minutes
Renewals are yearly from the date of certification:
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Up until 7 days before the event you can cancel at no charge. Afterwards you can either get a 50% refund or the option to apply your ticket towards a future workshop.
- The course will open only if a sufficient number of participants is reached.
- AgileSparks reserves the right to cancel the course up to 5 business days before it