Advance your SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) Skills
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
This workshop will be delivered by SPCT Vikas Kapila in downtown Chicago and is Guaranteed to Run.
Topics Covered in the SAFe Release Train Engineer workshop
- Exploring the RTE Role, Responsibilities, and Stances.
- Applying SAFe Principles in the RTE’s work with the ART
- Organizing the ART
- Advanced topics in Program Increment Planning
- Nuances of executing a Program Increment
- Inspecting and Adapting – Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART – How the RTE can act as a servant leader
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What SAFe RTE Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit from participating in the SAFe RTE workshop?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Practicing RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers who are practicing some form of scaled agility – especially if it a SAFe or SAFe-like environment
- Scrum Masters in a SAFe or SAFe-like environment
- Leaders and managers focused relentlessly improving the performance of their Agile Release Trains/Solution Trains.
- Agile coaches working in a SAFe/SAFe-like environment
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) looking to be more effective in coaching ARTs and RTEs/STEs. Experienced SPCs can apply with SAI to teach the class in-house or with their clients. (note: Public RTE classes can only be delivered by SPCTs)
Recommended Experience to become a Certified SAFe RTE
We recommend participants have at least one SAFe certification and to have launched or participated in at least one ART / PI if they intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam.