To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems — not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
The two-day, interactive SAFe® DevOps course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
Attendees will leave with the knowledge they need to support and enable a successful DevOps initiative at scale. The course also prepares attendees for the SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
What Attendees Get
- The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification upon passing of exam
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following will benefit from this course:
- All members of an Agile Release Train and/or value stream
- Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and other Agile Team members
- Infrastructure and Operations engineers and practitioners
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers, and Change Management professionals
- Architects, Database Administrators, and Information Security professionals
- Product Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Owners, Release Train Engineers, and UI/UX Developers
- Development, Engineering, QA, Infrastructure, and Operations Managers
- IT and Business change agents, leaders, and executives
None. All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any question you have about the content or logistics.
What is the cancellation policy?
Up until 7 days before the event you can cancel at no charge. Afterwards you can either get a 50% refund or the option to apply your ticket towards a future workshop.
The course will open only if a sufficient number of participants is reached.
AgileSparks reserves the right to cancel the course up to 5 business days before it starts.