Games and Exercises are key to how we help organizations switch towards a more agile mindset and behavior. We believe in experiential learning so we include it on each one of our training workshops, leadership management workshops as well as during ongoing coaching and consulting.
For example, read about the morning wake up game which we use to both energize the audience and start learning about agile, or about another way to debrief the marshmallow challenge to get better leverage for the implementation.
There are a lot of games and exercises that you can run yourself with your team/organization. Here’s a list of some of our favorites.
Of course, we’re always here if you need a coach/facilitator to help you figure out the right game/exercise for the situation and help you run it.
- TastyCupcakes.org – Fuel for Invention and Learning
- Conteneo Inc. – Prioritization Without Politics™
- 35 - Gamestorming
- White Elephant Sizing « TastyCupcakes.org
- InfoQ: Agile Games for Learning
- Trifork Agile Excellence: Exercise Introducing Story Maps
- XP Game « Agile Belgium
- Red Bead Experiment Video and Materials « Lean and Kanban
- Customer's Run: Iteration Planning
- Agile Airplane Game | Gist Labs
- Learning Scrum through the Ball Point Game | Declan Whelan
- Alistair.Cockburn.us | Elephant Carpaccio exercise
- Innovation Games | Serious Games for Business
- agile42 | Kanban-Pizza-Game
- Play the Scrum Simulation (based on XPGame) for Great Learning
- (99+) AgileGames - Google Groups
- Fun Retrospectives