The Agile Manifesto focuses on “individuals and interactions over processes and tools”. However many organizations, mainly large distributed organizations, find tools as the best way to reflect synchronization, status and progress between teams and different personas that work together on the same project or share organizational goals.
Jira Agile/Portfolio is one of the most popular tools that organizations of different sizes use to reflect their Agile working environment. Jira is highly configurable and can be adjusted to support a variety of different agile environments.
In this course we will learn how to use Jira wisely with minimum effort for configuration to fit your organizational Agile culture.
If you find jira configuration painful and awkward, if teams feel that using Jira is an overhead, if managers cannot get the information they need, this course is for you!
Our Jira Agile Trainer
- Understand how to use Jira Agile effectively
- Strengthen the Agile mindset and make sure JIRA Agile/Portfolio SUPPORTs (rather than detracts) agility in your organization.
- Learn to use Jira as a mean to boost your agility.
- Best practices for using JIRA at the Team/Release/Program levels.
- This course is targeted for people who work with Jira Agile as their tool to support their Agile environment.
- Agile champions/coaches
- Scrum masters
- Practice Agile for at least 6 months
- Basic Jira Agile knowledge – advantage
Basic concepts in Jira
- Backlog hierarchy
- Features and Epics
- User stories, Tasks and Sub tasks
- Projects and teams (boards)
A day in a life of a Scrum Team
- Planning – Prepare the sprint backlog
- Daily – Focus on the right thing
- Retrospective – Reports
- Tips and tricks:
- How to effectively use the team board
- How to progress user stories automatically
- Bug management
- And more..
Agile at Scale
- Feature board
- Release (PI) status
- Create your own dashboard
- Release planning using Jira Portfolio
Duration – 1 Day
Testimonials from previous Agile Testing participants:
Add testimonials here once we have them