Implementing the Scaled Agile Framework™ (SAFe) w/ SPC4 Certification
How do you implement SAFe in a pragmatic way? AgileSparks has years of a variety of agile scaling experiences – Since 2008 We’ve been helping organizations such Intel, Siemens, HP, Philips achieve agility at scale.
In our Implementing SAFe 4.5 workshops Yuval Yeret, our SPCT, shares his experience to help bring to life SAFe’s principles, roles, events, artifacts.
The Best! Yuval is an Outstanding Instructor who clearly articulates and brings his deep Agile Experience to guide you through the scaled Agile framework and how to apply this to your needs. Highly Recommended. Thank You Again for the excellent course!PriceWaterhouseCooper
“Yuval’s class is great! His broad experience as a consultant and active member of various agile communities helps in connecting the dots. He also added examples from his own experience to practically every aspect and subject of the class. His interactive teaching style stimulates conversation and learning by building on experiences and knowledge from him and class attendees.”
Should you attend an “Implementing SAFe w/ SPC4 certification” workshop?
Typical attendees include:
- Leaders in the Product Development/IT organization looking to educate themselves on approaches for scaling agile beyond the team level. SAFe is certainly the most popular scaling approach out there.
- Agile Consultants/Coaches/Scrum Masters looking to add program/portfolio training/consulting/coaching capabilities to what they can offer their teams/clients.
- Leaders/Change Agents looking to understand how to implement SAFe in a healthy effective way using the SAFe Implementation Roadmap.
- Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel or consultants looking to understand how to implement Lean/Agile at the Program/Portfolio level for their organization or their clients.
- Process/Quality Center of Excellence people trying to balance agility and coherent robust process framework.
Implementing SAFe is the premier SAFe workshop. It provides the deepest insights into the intricacies of the SAFe framework and how to implement it. It is the path to getting certified as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). SPCs can deliver formal SAFe training classes and have access to all the SAFe power toolkits.
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform value stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains and coordinate large solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Act as a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFe (SA) 4.5
Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, executing, and releasing value
- Leading a Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Implementing SAFe (SPC) 4.5
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming an SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: I’ve taken the Leading SAFe class and am already a SAFe Agilist. Looks like the first two days of class are a repeat of Leading SAFe. Can I just join the last two Implementing days?
A: This is an SAI policy. Implementing SAFe is a 4 days class that needs to be attended in full regardless of any previous SAFe class participation/experience/certification. The Leading SAFe section of the Implementing SAFe class is delivered in a deeper more train-the-trainer oriented fashion than in a regular Leading SAFe class. Participants who’ve taken Leading SAFe before report that going through the class again is immensely helpful to getting a deeper understanding and fresh perspective that is helping them become better SPCs, especially if they intend to teach SAFe classes.
Q: Does the price include the certification?
A: Workshop price includes participation in a certification exam that you’ll take in the 30 days after the workshop. If you pass the exam you will earn your SPC certification. If you need a retake there’s an extra fee handled directly with SAI – the SAFe certification body.
Q: When do we finish on the last day of class?
A: Most classes finish on 3pm on the last day to enable reasonable travel schedules for remote participants especially as it’s typically on a Friday after a long training week. The core SPC curriculum is typically delivered by lunchtime that day, followed by an Open Space / Lean Coffee style discussion of parking lot topics as well as practice exams/quizzes. If you have a specific question about a class schedule, feel free to contact us below.
Q: Can I get PMI PDUs or Scrum Alliance SEUs for this class?
A: Yes. This is handled through SAI. Check out the full list