It isn’t about Scrum OR Kanban anymore. It is about how to bring them together effectively. Yuval Yeret, leader of our Kanban practice who’s also a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainer – got together with Kanban expert Daniel Vacanti and Scrum.org’s Steve Porter to build this bridge between Kanban and Scrum. The Professional Scrum with Kanban™ (PSK) is one of the results of this initiative. We also recommend reading the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams this team created.
Launched in 2018, The 2-day Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) course teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Participants will get to play an immersive Kanban game, build Kanban boards for their Scrum teams, learn patterns for how to infuse Kanban’s thinking and practices into the Scrum events, artifacts, and roles.
Why Choose Scrum.org Scrum with Kanban Training by AgileSparks
Scrum.org is the home of professional Scrum and provides the highest quality Scrum training, training materials and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them. Our lead PSK trainer – Yuval Yeret, PST, is one of the creators and stewards of the Professional Scrum with Kanban curriculum. Yuval is helping teams complement Scrum with Kanban since 2009.
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
- Kanban in Practice
- Complementing Scrum with Kanban
- Using Kanban to visualize the Sprint Backlog and improve the Sprint’s flow
- Flow-based Scrum Events
- Impact on Scrum roles
- Towards more frequent increments – Scrum, Kanban, DevOps
- Using Kanban beyond the Sprint
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum.
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adopt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices to complement Scrum’s artifacts, roles, events.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for anyone doing Scrum. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization who use Scrum to deliver products to market including Product Owners, Development Team Members and Scrum Masters
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the PSK assessment. The industry-recognized PSK certification requires a minimum passing score on this rigorous assessment.