SAFe™ 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master With SASM Certification The next step in the Scrum Master’s learning journey
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® Scaled Agile implementation. You’ll learn:
- How to facilitate cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement.
- How to enhance the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices.
- How to apply Kanban to facilitate the flow of value
- How to effectively interact with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
- How to build high-performing teams.
- Practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise – Helping you get beyond the Agile Theater towards real scaled agility.
AgileSparks SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Trainers
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- SAFe values and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
About the SAFe Scrum Master Certification
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam with certification exam administration and scoring
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance