Implementing the Scaled Agile Framework™ (SAFe) w/ SPC4 Certification
How do you implement SAFe in a pragmatic way? AgileSparks has years of a variety of agile scaling experiences – Since 2008 We’ve been helping organizations such as Intel, Siemens, HP, Philips achieve agility at scale.
In our 4-day Implementing SAFe 4.6 workshops our SPCTs share their experience to help bring to life SAFe’s principles, roles, events, artifacts.
Following along the SAFe Implementation Roadmap you will learn:
- The essential elements crucial for the successful implementation of SAFe.
- When to choose SAFe as your scaling approach
- Tips and tricks for pitching SAFe in your organization
- Techniques for identifying SAFe Value Streams and designing Agile Release Trains
- How to prepare for the successful launch of your first Agile Release Train.
- Where to focus your attention when coaching Agile Release Trains through their first couple of Program Increments
- How to build a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture
- When/how to extend towards a Lean Portfolio or a Large Solution configuration.
- Patterns for healthy and sustainable SAFe implementation.
Benefits of attending an AgileSparks Implementing SAFe workshop and becoming a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
Implementing SAFe is the premier SAFe workshop. It provides the deepest insights into the intricacies of the SAFe framework and how to implement it.
Implementing SAFe classes are led by SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs) – ensuring a high quality of delivery, real-world experience, and training professionalism. The classes are co-trained by an SPCT or specifically approved experienced SPCs.
Taking an Implementing SAFe class is the path to getting certified as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC). SPCs can deliver formal SAFe training classes and have access to all the SAFe power toolkits.
Typical participants in the class include:
- Leaders in the Product Development/IT organization looking to educate themselves on approaches for scaling agile beyond the team level. SAFe is certainly the most popular scaling approach out there.
- Agile Consultants/Coaches/Scrum Masters looking to add program/portfolio training/consulting/coaching capabilities to what they can offer their teams/clients, and looking to add the desired SPC4 badge to their resume.
- Leaders/Change Agents looking to understand how to implement SAFe in a healthy effective way using the SAFe Implementation Roadmap.
- Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel or consultants looking to understand how to implement Lean/Agile at the Program/Portfolio level for their organization or their clients.
- Process/Quality Center of Excellence people trying to balance agility and coherent robust process framework.
Recommended Level Of Experience
If your aim is to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), we highly recommend you have several years of experience in the software/product development world, some experience with Agile, and ideally one or more relevant Agile certifications (Not necessarily a SAFe certificate)
AgileSparks Implementing SAFe SPC workshop Trainers (SPCTs)
Hear from SPCs who took our Implementing SAFe workshop
“Yuval’s class is great! His broad experience as a consultant and active member of various Agile communities helps in connecting the dots. He also adds examples from his own experience to practically every aspect and subject of the class. His interactive teaching style stimulates conversation and learning by building on his experiences and knowledge as well as that of class attendees.”
Yuval is more than just a SAFe SME (subject matter expert), he has a great breadth of lean-agile experience as well. This affords him the ability to speak to nearly anyone's unique situation and to maximize their learning value. This included at the personal learning level within SAFe as well as the professional level regarding the challenges their organization wanted to solve.
Yuval has the experience to back up his training style. Whenever anti-patterns cropped up he was able to put them down and exemplify the lean-agile mindset required to be a SAFe practitioner.
Some of the world’s largest technology firms implement SAFe with AgileSparks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Implementing SAFe SPC workshop
Q: I’ve taken the Leading SAFe class and am already a SAFe Agilist. Looks like the first two days of class are a repeat of Leading SAFe. Can I just join the last two Implementing days?
A: No. Implementing SAFe is a 4 days class that needs to be attended in full regardless of any previous SAFe class participation/experience/certification. (This is an SAI policy). The Leading SAFe section of the Implementing SAFe class is delivered in a deeper more train-the-trainer oriented fashion than in a regular Leading SAFe class. Participants who’ve taken Leading SAFe before report that going through the class again is immensely helpful to getting a deeper understanding and fresh perspective that is helping them become better SPCs, especially if they intend to teach SAFe classes.
Q: Does the price include the certification?
A: The workshop price includes participation in a certification exam that you’ll take in the 30 days after the workshop. If you pass the exam you will earn your SPC certification. If you need a retake there’s an extra fee handled directly with SAI – the SAFe certification body.
Q: Can I get PMI PDUs or Scrum Alliance SEUs for this class?
A: Yes. This is handled through SAI. Check out the full list
Q: What does it mean when the workshop is “Guaranteed to Run”?
A: You’ve probably experienced this. You register for a class and it gets canceled/postponed due to lack of registrations. This is especially an issue with a class like Implementing SAFe in which you get two trainers for the entire class and where the class just doesn’t work in very small sizes. When we announce a workshop as “Guaranteed to Run” it means we have enough registrants already and consider this a strategic class on our schedule. And for you that means – No cancellations, No reschedules, No hassle, and most importantly getting the training you need sooner rather than later. We make as much effort as possible to guarantee the class as early as possible – which is why we offer Early Bird discounts to participants that plan early and help us provide this predictability.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Up until 21 days before the event, you can cancel at no charge. Afterward, you can either get a 50% refund or the option to apply your ticket towards a future workshop.
Check out our Guarantees and Policies