Leading SAFe®- Applying a Lean-Agile mindset with SAFe – with SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification
In recent years Agile has become mainstream and is adopted in the majority of technological departments. However, many practitioners are challenged when trying to scale Agile principles in an enterprise.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is a framework for scaling Agile Principles and tools to Enterprise organizations, and provides a coherent process tying together the team, program and portfolio levels.
This workshop is for you:
- If you want to understand how to help your organization adopt the Agile mindset and practices beyond the team level.
- If you want to understand how an Agile implementation with SAFe looks and feels like.
- If you’ve always thought Agile sounds wonderful but would never fit your enterprise.
- If you want to understand how to consistently achieve quick response time and reduced delivery times.
- …And if you want to take an active role in helping your organization transition to Agile in scale.
During this two-day course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise. You will learn about the underlying principles of SAFe derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
You will explore the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise as well as learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
Applying a Lean-Agile mindset with the Scaled Agile Framework – with SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification – Detroit, April 2019
AgileSparks Leading SAFe Trainers
Testimonials from previous SAFe classes
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
After this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
- 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Experience in Scrum
About the SAFe Agilist Certification
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). The SAFe Agilist certification program is for executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean-Agile change initiative in a large software enterprise. It validates their knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context so they can lead the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Agilist exam
- One-year membership to Scaled Agile, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- SAFe Agilist (SA) attendance certificate upon request
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.