Lean Portfolio Management – Aligning Strategy With Execution
This is a three-day interactive course that provides a workshop-type of experience.
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
You will learn all you need to implement the SAFe Lean Portfolio Management competency:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
Hear from participants of our workshops:
Benefits of attending an AgileSparks Lean Portfolio Management SAFe workshop and becoming a Lean Portfolio Manager (LPM)
SAFe is the leading Scaled Agile approach but implementing it at the Program/ART level isn’t enough. More and more organizations are realizing the Lean Portfolio Management competency is required to effectively transform the organization towards business agility. The Lean Portfolio Management class will guide you in how to scale SAFe to the portfolio level in your organization. When used as an internal class it is actually a SAFe portfolio layer implementation workshop not just a training class.
Our Lean Portfolio Management SAFe classes are led by SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs) and candidates – ensuring a high quality of delivery, real-world experience, and training professionalism.
Is the Lean Portfolio Management SAFe class for you? Should you pursue an LPM Certification?
Typical participants in the class include:
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
• Experience working in a SAFe environment
AgileSparks SAFe Lean Portfolio Management workshop trainers
Some of the world’s largest technology firms implement SAFe with AgileSparks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Lean Portfolio Management workshop
Q: What do I get? Does the price include the certification?
A: The workshop price includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Course certificate of completion
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- One certification exam attempt
- Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and refreshments
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe Lean Portfolio Manager certificate
- SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager, which includes access to the LPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe 4 Lean Portfolio Manager certification usage guide with LPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Q: Can I get PMI PDUs or Scrum Alliance SEUs for this class?
A: Yes. This is handled through SAI. Check out the full list
Q: What does it mean when the workshop is “Guaranteed to Run”?
A: You’ve probably experienced this. You register for a class and it gets canceled/postponed due to lack of registrations. When we announce a workshop as “Guaranteed to Run” it means we have enough registrants already and consider this a strategic class on our schedule. And for you that means – No cancellations, No reschedules, No hassle, and most importantly getting the training you need sooner rather than later. We make as much effort as possible to guarantee the class as early as possible – which is why we offer Early Bird discounts to participants that plan early and help us provide this predictability.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Up until 30 days before the event, you can cancel at no charge. If a cancel or transfer request is made less than 30 days prior to the class start date, payment will still be due, no refunds will be issued and you will be charged a $200 change fee. Your paid tuition will be available for one year to be used as a credit towards another course of equal value; only one re-enrollment opportunity is allowed. Check out our Guarantees and Policies.
“Yuval’s class is great! His broad experience as a consultant and active member of various Agile communities helps in connecting the dots. He also adds examples from his own experience to practically every aspect and subject of the class. His interactive teaching style stimulates conversation and learning by building on his experiences and knowledge as well as that of class attendees.”
Yuval is more than just a SAFe SME (subject matter expert), he has a great breadth of lean-agile experience as well. This affords him the ability to speak to nearly anyone's unique situation and to maximize their learning value. This included at the personal learning level within SAFe as well as the professional level regarding the challenges their organization wanted to solve.
Yuval has the experience to back up his training style. Whenever anti-patterns cropped up he was able to put them down and exemplify the lean-agile mindset required to be a SAFe practitioner.