Agile Product and Solution Management – Using Design Thinking to create valuable products in the Lean Enterprise
The Agile Product and Solution Management course allows you to discover the right mindset, skills, and tools you need to create successful products and solutions using Agile techniques. Learn how to use Design Thinking to create products and solutions that are:
- Desirable – what customers want
- Viable – profitable for you to build and sell
- Feasible – something you can realistically deliver
- Sustainable – something you can proactively manage to realize ROI
Attendees will recognize how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps you define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Find out how to accelerate the product lifecycle to get fast feedback and quickly deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight customers – all while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
You will learn all you need to implement the become a competent Product or Solution Manager in a SAFe environment:
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore innovation in the value stream
Hear from participants of our workshops:
Benefits of attending an AgileSparks SAFe Agile Product and Solution Management workshop and earning your APSM certificate
SAFe is the leading Scaled Agile approach. Effective Product and Solution Managers are key to optimizing the value delivered by Agile Release Trains and Solution Trains.
Most of our APSM SAFe classes are led by SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs) and candidates – ensuring a high quality of delivery, real-world experience, and training professionalism.
Is the Agile Product and Solution Management SAFe class for you? Should you pursue an APSM Certification?
Typical participants in the class include:
- Product managers and directors of product management
- Product marketing managers, project managers, Product Owners
- VP of Product Management, Business Owners, Business Analysts
- Product leaders collaborating with product management, architects, subject matter experts, and business line managers
Attendees of this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending. A background in product or solution management is highly recommended. Those who have experience being a product manager, product marketer, product owner, business owner, or bringing products to market would benefit from this course.
AgileSparks SAFe Agile Product and Solution Management workshop trainers
Some of the world’s largest technology firms implement SAFe with AgileSparks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Agile Product and Solution Management workshop
Q: What do I get? Does the price include the certification?
A: The workshop price includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product and Solution Management exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe Product and Solution Management certificate
- SAFe 5 Product and Solution Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe 5 Product and Solution Manager, which includes access to the APSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe 5 Product and Solution Manager certification usage guide with APSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Q: Can I get PMI PDUs or Scrum Alliance SEUs for this class?
A: Yes. This is handled through SAI. Check out the full list
Q: What does it mean when the workshop is “Guaranteed to Run”?
A: You’ve probably experienced this. You register for a class and it gets canceled/postponed due to lack of registrations. When we announce a workshop as “Guaranteed to Run” it means we have enough registrants already and consider this a strategic class on our schedule. And for you that means – No cancellations, No reschedules, No hassle, and most importantly getting the training you need sooner rather than later. We make as much effort as possible to guarantee the class as early as possible – which is why we offer Early Bird discounts to participants that plan early and help us provide this predictability.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Up until 30 days before the event, you can cancel at no charge. If a cancel or transfer request is made less than 30 days prior to the class start date, payment will still be due, no refunds will be issued and you will be charged a $200 change fee. Your paid tuition will be available for one year to be used as a credit towards another course of equal value; only one re-enrollment opportunity is allowed. Check out our Guarantees and Policies.
“Yuval’s class is great! His broad experience as a consultant and active member of various Agile communities helps in connecting the dots. He also adds examples from his own experience to practically every aspect and subject of the class. His interactive teaching style stimulates conversation and learning by building on his experiences and knowledge as well as that of class attendees.”
Yuval is more than just a SAFe SME (subject matter expert), he has a great breadth of lean-agile experience as well. This affords him the ability to speak to nearly anyone's unique situation and to maximize their learning value. This included at the personal learning level within SAFe as well as the professional level regarding the challenges their organization wanted to solve.
Yuval has the experience to back up his training style. Whenever anti-patterns cropped up he was able to put them down and exemplify the lean-agile mindset required to be a SAFe practitioner.