Learn Scrum From Those Who Created and Maintain It
The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
• Customer Representative – focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities.
• Visionary – communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding.
• Experimenter – focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation.
• Influencer – communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose.
• Collaborator – seeking input, ideas and feedback from others.
• Decision Maker – focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions.
Read more about these stances in Yuval’s article – Scrum Product Ownership – Riding Dinosaurs
What You Will Learn
Why Choose Scrum.org Scrum Training
Scrum.org provides the highest quality Scrum training, training materials and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them. Our training materials are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org and the community of PSTs who teach the courses, helping to ensure that they are in tune with what’s happening in software development organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices.
Professional Scrum Trainers bring their own style and experience to the courses but use the same materials so that students are learning from the same content regardless of who teaches the course or where it is taught around the world. Read more about the differences.
PMI PDU CREDITS
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Product Owner-Advanced (PSPO-A). Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.